Maintain Fitness and remain Active during Lockdown while Staying at Home: The pandemic outbreak has limited everyone within the four walls of their homes. Strict instructions to stay indoors and not move out of their houses until it is an emergency.
All restaurants, gyms, swimming pools, and recreation areas have closed down as well. Amidst this lockdown, people tend to get bored and have nothing productive to do. So, since you have a lot of spare time, you can utilize it in exercising from the comfort of your homes. It will help you by keeping your body fit.
Benefits of maintaining fitness during the lock down period
1. Remaining stationary at home and not doing any work can be bad for both your mental health as well as your physical health.
2. Engaging in some physical activity will maintain your blood pressure levels along with lower cholesterol levels.
3. Staying fit and remaining active during the lockdown, will also reduce the chances of getting heart disease, diabetes or stroke.
4. It is also helpful in maintaining bone density and muscle mass.
5. It also largely prevents sarcopenia, which is the loss of muscle mass as well as osteoporosis which is the loss of bone density.
6. Physical activity is also hugely helpful in keeping your immune system working correctly and effectively.
7. It flushes out all the toxicity and bacteria present in the airways and lungs in our body and cleanses it.
8. It helps in increased circulation of the white blood cells and spikes body temperature, which is primarily essential for the body in fighting against infection and diseases.
9. Being active also prevents you from acquiring any psychological issues which one tends to face when confined to one place and not allowed to move out.
While a person is sedentary, he can manage to worry and stress more during the lockdown, and the fear of the coronavirus situation can give him panic attacks as well. To avoid poor mental health conditions, one should engage in some physical activity as it can help in reducing the stress hormones and promotes the release of hormones which can make you feel good and at peace such as endorphins.
Ways in which one can remain active and maintain fitness during the lock down days at home
Maintaining fitness by being active to stay healthy during lockdown is not much of a task.
1. You can engage in various physical activities at home without going to the gym or stepping out of the house.
2. Staying active by performing daily chores in the house can help you in staying active and fit.
3. You can do brisk walking at home or engage in skipping, yoga, meditation and aerobic exercises.
4. You can also perform cardio and core exercises at home to stay fit.
5. If you are a beginner and are not confident or do not know which exercises to perform, then there are various fitness videos on Youtube for your reference.
Some of the most subscribed fitness channels on YouTube are:
- Yoga With Adriene
- Fitness Blender
- Scott Herman Fitness
- Bradley Martyn
- The Fitness Marshall
- Kali Muscle
- Pamela Reif
- Matt Does Fitness
- Emi Wong